Call Us: 0113 3120 222


Can I bring friends / family along to a second viewing?

In light of coronavirus and to keep risk levels to a minimum, we will be unable to complete second and third viewings pre moving into your home. We can however provide you with a video tour and / or images to share with your loved ones to help decide on those finishing touches. Please ask the team if you would like to request.

Can I use a Guarantor who does not own a property or who lives abroad?

All guarantors must be a UK home owner. If you do not have a UK home owner guarantor, please contact us and let us know straight away. We may be able to offer alternative options which we can discuss on a case by base basis.

I don’t have a passport, what else can I show for my Right to Rent check?

There are alternatives to providing your passport such as you driving license, your birth certificate or a specific letter. The government have published a guide here which details alternatives you may use as ID for the Right to Rent check.

Will I receive my holding fee back once my tenancy starts?

No. The holding fee forms part of the deposit from the  first day of your tenancy and is governed by the deposit rules and regulations.

When is my full deposit due?

Your deposit must be paid by each tenant in full on the tenancy agreement within two weeks of paying the holding fee.

Where is my deposit protected?

YourNest protects all deposits via the TDS insured scheme.

Are you part of UniPol?

Yes, YourNest are part of Unipol and follow we the UniPol code. Find out more here.

Are you part of any professional bodies?

Yes. YourNest is a member of ARLA Propertymark, find out more here.

Are bills inclusive an option?

Yes. We offer an all inclusive bills packages. We manage this by setting up just two payments, rather than the multiple bills payments you would set up individually with a bills exclusive package. One payment would therefore be set up for bills that goes directly to our bills partner; Unihomes via a Direct Debit and another payment for rent which is usually paid via a standing order. If bills are included within your rent payment (for example when you let a room in a shared house), you will be advised before you pay your holding fee and this will be stated within the tenancy contract. All student houses come with our bills package as standard. Find out more here.

I’m a student, do I pay rent over the summer period?

Yes. You are liable to pay your rent for the duration of your tenancy agreement as set out within your agreement.

The property I’m moving into is Furnished. Can you tell me what this includes and what I need to bring with me?

All furnished properties come with white goods (fridge, freezer, washer or washer dryer depending upon the property), cooker and hob, beds and mattresses, sofas and bedroom storage. The amount of storage in bedrooms can differ so please confirm with our team what specifically comes with your property before you place your holding fee. Due to differing sizes of properties, its always best to confirm with our team if you have a specific requirement for particular furniture. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee further storage will be supplied, however we will always do our best to help if we can.

We recommend tenants bring their own kitchen utensils such as pots, pans, plates, glasses, cups and knives/forks/spoons etc. If your moving in with a group, make sure you discuss this together to limit ending up with x4 of everything!

Are there locks on the bedroom doors?

All properties let as ‘Shared Houses’ will have locks on the bedroom doors. If you let a property as a group or single person, the bedroom doors will not have locks. Tenants are not permitted to add locks onto their doors.

We no longer want to proceed with the tenancy, but we signed the tenancy agreement – what do we do?

If you have signed the tenancy agreement, you will need to find a replacement to take over the tenancy and you will be liable for the tenancy agreement until this happens. Contact a member of our team straight away as the more we know, the more we can help and advise you of your options.

Someone in our group no longer wants to proceed with the tenancy, what do we do?

If a member of your group no longer wishes to proceed with the tenancy, they will need to find a replacement tenant. We may be able to help with this so please do contact us straight away to discuss.

Is there parking included with my property?

Unless specifically stated within the tenancy agreement, you will not have allocated parking. Properties with allocated parking will have one space unless stated otherwise within the tenancy agreement. If you require a parking space, please speak to the team as there may be an option to explore for some of our houses.